[Tut]How to MoleBox LF2 Mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Tut]How to MoleBox LF2 Mods

Post by A-MAN on 22nd August 2012, 3:49 pm

What is molebox(ing)?
Its the compression and encryption of you files by compiling them into their EXE.

Why molebox(ing)?
Molebox(ing) "protects" your files from what people call leechers. When you molebox something, all the data files for the application will not be accessible anymore except for its EXE. The reason I put "protect" in quotes is because it doesn't protect anymore these days. Many people are capable of breaking through the encryption and retrieve the files compiled.

If you are saying its useless, why did you Molebox One Piece A-Edition in the first place?
The only reason I moleboxed the game is because there are these sprites which contains the Unlock codes and other stuff that would spoil the game for the player. If you think i moleboxed the game for protection then you are wrong. If anybody asks for the unmoleboxed version of the game for a good reason, I would be happy to give it to him.

Downloads necessary(Patch included):
hotfile.com MoleBox.Virtualization.Solution.4.3016.full-SND.zip.html
(i want to note that this download is only for educational purpose Wink *wink *wink. I am not responsible for any copyrights or license violations)

How to MoleBox:
1.Open MoleBox Virtualization Solution.

2.On the tool bar, click on the blue gear icon "Package Options".

3.In the first box ('Main executible'), browse and choose your game exe. Leave the other 2 boxes empty.
In the "Output file" bix, browse and choose a copy of your game exe (the files will be moleboxed to this exe). Make sure you check what i checked in the options then click "OK".

4.Now, on the toolbar, click on "Add folder content Recursively", and add the folders, 'Sprites', 'data', 'bg', and 'bgm'.

5.But wait, If we Moleboxed all the folders we noted above ('Sprites', 'data', 'bg', and 'bgm') they will all be encrypted only readable (you can't write to them or change them). But what if some guy wanted to add a character to your mod for fun? He will have to modify the "dat.txt". So you will have to not molebox that text file. Also when the game loads, it uses the "temporary.txt" to load the sprites and other files... What if that "temperary.txt" is compiled and moleboxed too? the game will crash.. So we will have to execlude that text file from the list. There is still one thing left. The "control.txt" file. This contains the data for the controls. And when the player changes the controls, it will be written in that file. So we will have to remove that text file from the list too. To do this, in the MoleBox Virtualization window, click on "data" folder to browse through the files inside it. From there choose "data.txt" from the list (the the other important text files, "temporary.txt and the "control.txt"), and then click on "Delete Files" from the tool bar. This will remove "data.txt" from the list. Now do that again for the 2 other important text files ("temporary.txt and the "control.txt").

6.Now click on the Blue Arrow icon in the tool bar "Pack", and you are done! Very Happy

7.Finally, move your mole boxed copy to a folder without any file you compiled into it (for example, you won't need the sprite folder, bg folder, and the bgm folder and most of the files in the data folder). This means that the only files you need in the mod is the exe itself + the data folder with nothing inside but the three important text files ("data.txt", "temporary.txt and the "control.txt").

Thanx for reading. Hope this helps.
Here you go Itachi uchiha Very Happy
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

View user profile http://onepiecea-edition.yourme.net

Back to top Go down

Re: [Tut]How to MoleBox LF2 Mods

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O on 23rd August 2012, 10:24 am

Thanks a ton..!! I really wanted it and you really made a Good Tutorial..!!! *Thumbs Up..!!!

◄∞▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌∞►
I do not claim these signatures as my own. All Credits goes to their respective owners.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 16979

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN on 23rd August 2012, 10:39 am

Glad you liked it Smile
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O on 23rd August 2012, 12:56 pm

Well I really appreciate it since I didn't expect this good tutorial..!! you really made my work easy. ...Very Happy

I do not claim these signatures as my own. All Credits goes to their respective owners.

T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Yonkou
Yonkou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN on 23rd August 2012, 2:40 pm

If you really liked that, and you're interested in learning about AI stuff, I am making a very simple tutorial about the basics. Unlike YinYin, I do understand how hard it is to learn AI stuff without any programming background (I know some programming languages so yeah). So i will try to explain each point as simple as possible. Can't wait to c everybody doing their AI stuff without making any stupid threads like these on LFE. Also, this will get me busy for sometime (i hate when i am free with nothing to do so i keep looking for things to work on). And thank you for your comments Smile
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak on 23rd August 2012, 4:47 pm

Dude, you awesome or something? You explain everything soo awesomely.. :')

'The Monster inside me is growing bigger!' *Munch-munch, chomp-chomp, gobble-gobble, gulp*
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

View user profile http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O on 24th August 2012, 12:58 pm

Well isnt it obvious? Razz

T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Yonkou
Yonkou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -|Mark975|- on 26th August 2012, 6:22 am

Really nice tutorial.