[Philosophy]None of the senses. Is he alive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Philosophy]None of the senses. Is he alive?

Post by A-MAN on 18th August 2013, 11:36 am

Now here is something I have been thinking about lately. Imagine if a baby was born into this world without any senses. Would you consider that baby alive? If no, then is he dead? If not then what is he exactly?

Now imagine a mother gave birth to this baby called Jack. Now the doctor reported back that the baby senses are all off; he can't see, hear, smell, feel nor taste. He would even need to breath via tubes. Now lets think, X is there laying down thinking... Thinking of what? X has not yet felt nor sensed anything to think about.. X is definitely conscious, but just floating in his empty thought?

Discuss.

◄∞▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌∞►
A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

View user profile http://onepiecea-edition.yourme.net

Back to top Go down

Re: [Philosophy]None of the senses. Is he alive?

Post by Rhino.Freak on 18th August 2013, 1:20 pm

mindfuck. Its impossible to figure out unless we are going through it. he would PROBABLY be like plants. hmm.. question is similar to.. In what language do the people who are deaf by birth think in?

'The Monster inside me is growing bigger!' *Munch-munch, chomp-chomp, gobble-gobble, gulp*
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

View user profile http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox on 18th August 2013, 1:31 pm

as long he can still breathing it mean he still alive....live in darkness

Must accept the truth in our live.
Disappear from my sight.
Stupidity can't be cured
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 26967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi on 18th August 2013, 3:51 pm

He has no experience about anything because he has no senses...
He still has the instincts that every newborn baby has, but he wouldn't experience anything else so he would be in the same state as a baby who was just born and doesnt know anything at all.

gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Draox on 18th August 2013, 3:58 pm

^ dat right, he can't feel he was exist in this world

Must accept the truth in our live.
Disappear from my sight.
Stupidity can't be cured
Draox
Yonkou
Yonkou

Bellies Bellies : 26967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo on 18th August 2013, 4:34 pm

I read one manga with that effect, its like you dead, so nothing will help him inderstand who is he, or what is he. Its just like naked mind in nothing around him, all is black, and you can't see or hear anyoune around.
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-MAN on 18th August 2013, 4:55 pm

@gerafi: New born instincts? Probably true. When the baby comes out, he has got this ability to swim, and how to get his milk when he it is in reach. This shows that he is already born with an idea on what to do when he is out. But is that really a thought?

@Rhino: "Like a plant". Living but not feeling. Only knows how to stay alive. It doesn't really feel like anything. If being alive is a feeling, then he is dead. But isn't being alive being conscious? Is he aware that he is alive?

Maybe he is alive in our perspective.. But dead in his perspective. Schrodinger answers XP

A-MAN
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

A-MAN : Team A Leader
Bellies Bellies : 18841

View user profile http://onepiecea-edition.yourme.net

Back to top Go down

Post by -Shivam- on 18th August 2013, 5:20 pm

@A-MAN wrote:Imagine if a baby was born into this world without any senses. Would you consider that baby alive? If no, then is he dead?
Well, we can't know that untill we know what's it actually like to be dead, and I have no intention whatsoever to find that out.

I guess he'd be like he doesn't exist. Seeing nothing, hearing nothing, feeling nothing and thinking nothing.

-Shivam-
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Bellies Bellies : 7536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak on 19th August 2013, 5:05 am

I think the new born baby instincts will not be in him as those develop with senses that we get before birth (inside his mom).. so he'll be like ddead . .. thats my answer But he wont decay as his body functions will keep him alive lol

'The Monster inside me is growing bigger!' *Munch-munch, chomp-chomp, gobble-gobble, gulp*
Rhino.Freak
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Rhino.Freak - Team A Coder
Bellies Bellies : 17445

View user profile http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doflamingo on 26th August 2013, 7:08 pm

Its alive, but its not feeling anytihng so practicaly dead.
Doflamingo
Infamous Pirate
Infamous Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 2134

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfella on 29th August 2013, 8:24 am

Freud once said that all beings are considered sentient of the can reduce their own sentience meaning that baby is aware he is alive however in a vegetative state consider his condition as limbo neither alive nor truly dead

thatfella
Pirate Subordinate
Pirate Subordinate

Bellies Bellies : 1102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 on 30th August 2013, 4:38 am

never quote freud, that crazy nut. a human is a social creature. if he cannot interact with society he is nothing(kinda adler-ish). think of the child as mowgli.without human interaction you are not human. you wouldnt learn how to speak, how to cook, how to walk normally, how to compute stuff. you would have a basic natural instinct knowledge, but without society you would basically be an animal. so the baby isnt alive since he has no self awareness so he cannot even think.

ex. of a situation like this:
read or watch the hitchikers guide to the galaxy. look for part of the movie or chapter of when they are falling to the rediscovered old planet of the ancient race. a random whale is created and is falling down. it starts to question itself. Its obvious that the other is toying around with this same idea.

credits to Mark for this amazing sig XD
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gerafi on 30th August 2013, 6:22 am

So basically he doesn't have anything to think about because he has no experiences so he isn't thinking and isn't feeling, so basically dead, but we can never comprehend what is happening to him, the same way we cannot comprehend what it is like to die.

@Pack: you read the hitchikers guide to the galaxy! You're awesome man. Did you read all five parts?

gerafi
Rookie Pirate
Rookie Pirate

Bellies Bellies : 7635

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pack5642 on 31st August 2013, 5:39 pm

lol yea. but you took it to another step when you added death.

hell yea, one of my favorite series of all time.

Douglas Adams wrote:It is important to note that suddenly, and against all probability, a sperm whale had been called into existence, several miles above the surface of an alien planet. But since this is not a naturally tenable position for a whale, this innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity. This is what it thought as it fell: ‘Ahhh! Whoa! What’s happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life? What do I mean by ‘who am I’? Okay, okay, calm down, calm down, get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? It’s a sort of a tingling in my… well, I suppose I better start finding names for things. Let’s call it a… tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, what’s this roaring sound, whooshing past what I’m suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It’ll do. Yeah, this is really exciting! I’m dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There’s an awful lot of that now, isn’t it? And what’s this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like ‘Ow’, ‘Ownge’, ‘Round’, ‘Ground’! That’s it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it’ll be friends with me? Hello Ground!’ … Curiously, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell, was: ‘Oh no, not again.’ Many have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that, we should know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.

credits to Mark for this amazing sig XD
pack5642
Revolutionary Army
Revolutionary Army

Pack5642 - Team A Helper
Bellies Bellies : 15785

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top